67 Seekers
92 Finders
CatherineReads

I Read Words Other People Write

UF, UF, UF. PNR, HR, Sci-Fi, finding a bit more YA that I enjoy. Mystery, crime, detective shit. Have recently figured out I'm not really a contemporary romance gal. I like smut but am not really into erotica. Oh, did I mention UF?

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
The Iron Queen
Julie Kagawa
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch
An Angel for Christmas - Heather Graham I'm not a sweet person. I mean, I do sweet things every now and again, but I don't know anyone who would describe me as a sweet gal. I don't do sap. An Angel for Christmas is dripping sweet and you know what, I actually liked it! It made me feel all kinds of warm n'fuzzy inside. Sure there were a few things that bugged me a bit - some of the dialogue between the family members was a bit too "i love you bro, "I love you more sis," "I've never been more proud of you son" kinda stuff, but what can I say, this family was infected with the spirit of Christmas and this dialogue fit the story. Also, our main heroine, her name is Morwenna. WTF? The family is all Shane, Bobby, Mike and then all of a sudden there's a Morwenna?? Didn't fit at all. I was hoping there would be some story behind the name but no explanation whatsoever. So I got over it. All in all, I recommend this story. I'm normally a gal who leans towards alpha males, sweaty sex and a little bit o'violence but I think I might need to inject a bit more sweetness into my reads!