68 Seekers
93 Finders
CatherineReads

I Read Words Other People Write

UF, UF, UF. PNR, HR, Sci-Fi, finding a bit more YA that I enjoy. Mystery, crime, detective shit. Have recently figured out I'm not really a contemporary romance gal. I like smut but am not really into erotica. Oh, did I mention UF?

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
The Iron Queen
Julie Kagawa
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch
Being Mrs. Dracula - Faith Marlow UPFRONT: I got this book free from the author in return for an honest review.HONEST REVIEW: This book rocks. I haven't read Dracula in a loooong time and was hoping that not having the story fresh in my mind wouldn't take away from my enjoyment of the story. Nope, not at all. What a cool concept. The author manages a 'classic literature' writing style without the 'classic literature' boring. The diary-entry style was super interesting, alternating between the three wives.I laughed out loud, I cried, I was shaking with fear and anger. That's a great book. There were bits in the middle that I thought dragged on a bit but the ending was fantastic - it really made up for any flaws in the middle!The copy I got from Smashwords had formatting problems on my Kindle. Parts of sentences were lost between pages. Luckily, I didn't lose much and could kind of figure out what was missing through context. I highly recommend this book. It was a fun read; an original twist on a familiar story.