68 Seekers
93 Finders
CatherineReads

I Read Words Other People Write

UF, UF, UF. PNR, HR, Sci-Fi, finding a bit more YA that I enjoy. Mystery, crime, detective shit. Have recently figured out I'm not really a contemporary romance gal. I like smut but am not really into erotica. Oh, did I mention UF?

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
The Iron Queen
Julie Kagawa
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch
Christmas Kiss - L.L. Muir What is it about time-travel stories that involve Scottish Highlanders that I go gaga over? Dunno, but I'm not gonna fight it!This is a sweet, fun, light read. I really liked the heroine Brianna. She was a pretty strong character when, in the book, she's traveling alone to Scotland to get away from a controlling mother and recover from a bad relationship. She seemed stronger than she apparently thought she was. The hero is a strong, sexy Laird living alone and also going through a crisis of identity. There's no sex but still a fair amount of heat. The time-travel element has a neat twist that I hadn't encountered before. Again, I thought the ending was a bit rushed and tied up a bit too neatly, but it didn't take away too much from the overall story. If you are looking for a sweet, quick, light read, this one fits the bill.