68 Seekers
93 Finders
CatherineReads

I Read Words Other People Write

UF, UF, UF. PNR, HR, Sci-Fi, finding a bit more YA that I enjoy. Mystery, crime, detective shit. Have recently figured out I'm not really a contemporary romance gal. I like smut but am not really into erotica. Oh, did I mention UF?

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch

This Whole 30-Day Book Challenge Thing

Angelfall  - Susan Ee Faefever  - Karen Marie Moning

I guess I gotta catch up on this.  It looks fun but I'm gonna have to wrack my brainstems remembering stuff and things.

Day 01 - Best Book You Read Last Year -

I've thought about this for a bit and I think it's got to be, god, I don't know, which one will I choose???  All right, it's in between Faefever (Fever #3) and Angelfall.  Both completely different.  Runners up were Kate Daniels #4 and Downside Ghosts (all of them), Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter (#s1 & 2) and even good ol Anita Blake (#1-6).

*breathe deep*

I think Angelfall wins.  What a wonderful book this was.  I was kind of on a self-made crusade against YA.  I just hadn't read enough to know this from that and I assumed anything labeled YA was beneath me.  Sure I read Hunger Games and all of Harry Potter and a handful of other titles.  But Angelfall, well, it fell me.  It was beautiful and haunting and just frankly threw me for a big ol loop that I won't forget anytime soon.  In fact, I just bought my niece a Kindle and I think Angelfall will be the first book I gift her.  She wants City of Bones but I just can't do that.  She can save her own money for that tripe.

So Angelfall, you opened my mind, you widened my horizons and you switched up my view.  You get my best read of 2012.  Hooray!