68 Seekers
93 Finders
CatherineReads

I Read Words Other People Write

UF, UF, UF. PNR, HR, Sci-Fi, finding a bit more YA that I enjoy. Mystery, crime, detective shit. Have recently figured out I'm not really a contemporary romance gal. I like smut but am not really into erotica. Oh, did I mention UF?

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
The Iron Queen
Julie Kagawa
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch

30-Day Book Challenge - Day 10 (all caught up until tomorrow!)

Outlander  - Diana Gabaldon

A Book that Reminds You of Home

Well this is an odd category.  I read a lot when I was a kid, then from college to about 3 years ago I didn't read much at all.  I guess I'll take the position of a book that feels like home.  Like 'reading'  home.  The book that brought me back into the readers club.

Diana Gabaldon, I'm looking at you, hon.  This series was recommended to me so I read the blurbs.  WUT?  A time-traveling lass who finds herself in 16th century Scotland?  Falls in love with a Highlander?  For reals?  No way am I going to like this tripe.  Historical romance?  All I'm picturing are those Fabio books my mom used to buy at the grocery store.  Ugh.

Well, waddya know, I have a full on lady boner for Diana Gabaldon.  Not so much for how long the 8th book is taking to come out.  Seriously?  What's it been, like 5 years?  The books are long but they aren't that long!

Anywho, I ate these books up.  Again, all 7 were out when I dove into the Jamie & Claire universe, now I'm feeling what those Potterheads felt when it took so long for book 5 to come out.  I own 3 out of the 7, I will be purchasing the series once 8 comes out.  Sometimes I feel like I need to give up my feminist card reading romance like I do, but whatever, maybe I'm a romantic at heart (not really, but it is fun to read)!

After I read these books I caught the reading bug again.  I bought a Kindle and now I have way more books than I could ever hope to read.  And that's exactly the way I like it.