68 Seekers
93 Finders
CatherineReads

I Read Words Other People Write

UF, UF, UF. PNR, HR, Sci-Fi, finding a bit more YA that I enjoy. Mystery, crime, detective shit. Have recently figured out I'm not really a contemporary romance gal. I like smut but am not really into erotica. Oh, did I mention UF?

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Julie Kagawa
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch

Time Off

So, I live 1500 miles away from my parental unit people and I won't get to see them this Thanksgiving or Christmas.  This is new.  Every year since I've moved away from home, yeah that's like 20+ years, I've been back for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I've moved around a lot. Not as much as some, but more than most I grew up with.  I grew up in Texas, so when I moved 3 hours away to college, to some of you it would be like moving to another state. To others, it was still Texas.

I hasten to say alas, because I don't alas about being a Texan. Probably as much as you don't alas about being a Wisconsiner, Indianaer, Ohioer, Nebraskerer, Oklahomaer, Nevadaer, New Yorker, Californiaer.

However, you 'fly over state' fuckers, will see that I'm gonna start burnin shit down.  Now, don't get me wrong, I fucking love Texas and if you say wrong against her, well, I might agree, but for the most part we are such super people, I might have to smack you down, or agree with you, or defer.  WE HAVE THE BEST DAMN BRISKET EVER.

I miss damn good beef brisket (why in a land of hunters can no one figure out out to cook the damn thing, Michigan??), I miss Tex Mex (a spicy crunchy taco can cure all your ills), and I miss my damn family.

I hold no ill towards no one, as long as I get good food.  Michigan, where is your good food?  Seriously, Ann Arbor, I dare you!