68 Seekers
93 Finders
CatherineReads

I Read Words Other People Write

UF, UF, UF. PNR, HR, Sci-Fi, finding a bit more YA that I enjoy. Mystery, crime, detective shit. Have recently figured out I'm not really a contemporary romance gal. I like smut but am not really into erotica. Oh, did I mention UF?

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
Julie Kagawa
Red Seas Under Red Skies
Scott Lynch

Married By Morning

Married By Morning - Lisa Kleypas I just love these sweet romances. They aren't relegated to the guilty pleasure shelf at all. I'm starting to read some books that are surely considered 'literary fiction,' but I'll never give up my romances.

Catherine's change throughout this book was a bit quick in my opinion. She went from full defenses, code red to quivering mass of skirts fairly quickly, BUT, in all honesty, she and Leo did have about 2-3 previous books full of scratchy, mean, 'poke the hive with a stick' banter before their friction started a fire.

And what a fire it was! Is it my imagination or is there far more sexy times in this Kleypas novel than the others? Not necessarily a spoiler, these are historical romances touched with contemporary sex. I don't know about you girls, but with the infrequency that these people wash, I don't think I want to be meetin' anyone's intimate curls or aroused manhood before a bath. Again, I thank the universe I was not born in 19th century anything. But I digress, back to the stays and pins and about 6 layers of clothes that every freakin' woman wears.

These novels are fun; they are sweet and sexy; the women are plucky, smart and sassy; the men are swarthy, strong and conniving; what else could one want in a 'modern' historical romance? Lisa Kleypas does it better than most.